Our Portfolio Management service helps clients to use information to reduce uncertainty. We help clients adopt a data-led approach to product and service investment decisions. These practices provide executive leadership with the insight, analytics, and visibility to improve decision-making for funding the right mix of projects across all growth horizons.
The outcome is a business where resources follow priorities, increasing the connection between strategy and execution. This enables companies to be nimbler and more responsive to opportunity, reallocating people, money, and equipment to maximize returns.
Our approach leads clients through a rigorous approach to designing and implementing portfolio management systems that:
- Make strategic choices about portfolio priorities, so that decisions are based on a firm market-in logic that has the explicit support of the senior team.
- Align investment to achieve strategic priorities, making trade-offs across a range of core to explore growth options.
- Decide on which projects to pursue using an evidence-based approach that enables clients to make informed choices about how to commit resources using accurate, up-to-date information.
- Optimize resource and pipeline loading for priority projects, so that the plan is converted into reality at the project level.
- Build organizational capability to make portfolio management an ongoing practice, making the firm more adaptable to a changing market.
A key ingredient to Change Logic’s approach is the capacity to work with the human obstacles that can inhibit these decision-making processes from taking root. We manage our Portfolio Management assignments as a change project, working to overcome the cultural and capability barriers to adoption.