“Market conditions change, and you need to make change a part of your DNA. The more adaptable you are the more you can respond to the world. I’m more interested in the capability that we are building and having the right conversations about the issues we face.”
GM, Intel Wireless
“Change Logic helped us do what we needed to do with more clarity and more purpose. What I loved about it is that they don’t really tell you what to do, they give you their methods, they listen, and that helps you build your own capability for the team.”
former SVP and Chief Strategy Officer, Intel Corporation, now CEO, Zoox
Intel is the largest and highest-valued semiconductor chip manufacturer in the world.
They specialize in providing chips for gaming devices, tablets, notebooks, and phones, the emerging markets for wearables, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Intel experienced exponential growth as a result of the demand for their products and solutions. In order to meet this demand, they needed to evolve their operating models, foster innovation, increase the pace of product development, and reduce time-to-market.
Intel’s senior team partnered with Change Logic to create independent units that would reinvent research & development and align to address the magnitude of technical complexity and 10X volume. At the same time, they had to maintain the firm’s share in core markets and keep expenses flat. There was enormous potential to collaborate, and they needed help from Change Logic to unlock it.
Change Logic’s Role
We worked with the senior team to redefine and prioritize the challenges in the wireless connectivity product life cycle – improve design, verification, integration, capacity management, and exploratory innovation.
We designed and led a three-day Strategic Leadership Forum to teach the team a problem-solving framework that they were able to apply to the challenge of managing their 10X volume. This session launched a 180-day transformation effort, with multiple Sprint Teams applying our method to diagnose barriers to change and develop solutions to implement.
- Change Logic co-led a series of sprints that provided Intel with a disciplined approach to experimentation, dialogue, and learning across the planning, implementation, integration, and verification value chain. More than 150 engineers were involved by the third sprint, with an unprecedented number of employees applying to be a part of the effort.
- New solutions were invented to design, verify, integrate, and manage capacity, while innovating with new technology.
- Development exceeded volume targets, delivering 50 million units.
- Achieved 50% attachment rates for technology solutions.
- An enduring cultural change occurred; the teams were able to reach across silos for solutions and learned how to scale change in an extraordinarily complex environment.